Sunday, December 09, 2007

Bonnaroo, ATO, and Lost Highway

Rumor on the internet is that Led Zeppelin will be headlining Bonnaroo in 2008, and I'm hoping with all hope that this rumor isn't true. I mean, yea, I would love to see Led Zeppelin, but I'm going to be out West on THE road trip (you'll here more about this in the coming months) and, I would rather not fly back to Tennessee for the weekend. Which, I would have to do if Led Zeppelin was playing. I'm guessing that Alison Krauss and Robert Plant are already signed up to play based on the fact that they are touring together in 2008 in support of their Raising Sands cd, and Alison has played Bonaroo before. So, it wouldn't be that far of a leap for the rest of the guys (John Paul Jones played Bonnaroo last year) to jump onboard. I would love nothing more than an off year for Bonnaroo. A year where none of the artists interest me (rumor also has it that MMJ won't be playing Bonnaroo again because they wanna headline, that's good news to my ears). Here's to hoping.

As for today's song recommendation, Ryan Bingham is another artist in the Lost Highway family. I sent this song to DMassey because he's from Georgia and his old lady is from Texas, and I knew he would probably dig it. He said, "I enjoyed the hell out of that video. It made miss places." I could only reply, "It made me miss places too, and I've never even been to those places.

So, after finding another great artist from Lost Highway. It makes me wonder. Which is the better record company, Lost Highway or ATO? On one hand, you have ATO (owned by Dave Matthews) headlined by My Morning Jacket, Patty Griffin, Gov't Mule, David Gray and the recently added Radiohead. Lost Highway is fueled by a much more country sound with Ryan Adams (not for long), the later Johnny Cash stuff, Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Elvis Costello, Tift Merritt, O'Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack, the Night Train to Nashville compliations, and about 20 other artists. You can decide for yourself.

Song Recommendation - Southside of Heaven by Ryan Bingham

1 comment:

Angelemerald said...

Hopefully Ryan will find his way to ATO.