Thursday, April 24, 2008

South America - March 14th - Buenos Aires

Since we had 4 days in Buenos Aires without travel, we were able to have a much more laid back experience compared to the rest of the trip. I don’t know if I liked it though. I’m not much of a city person, so after a few days I tend to get restless. Sara and I wanted to take a boat over to Uruguay (it’s only like 90 minutes by boat), but it just didn’t work out. Instead, we walked across town to the real rich part of town. Well, we tried to. So, I read the map wrong. Sue me. Sara got pretty mad and told me that she knew why I quit being a pilot. Haha. It was hilarious. I got us there eventually. Even got us back. Even found Evita’s grave in the cemetery. Why to people feel so compelled to see Evita’s grave. You didn’t know this lady. You aren’t Argentine. You have no emotional connection to the broad. For all you know, you think she looks like Madonna and likes to sing in English instead of talking normal in Spanish. What, you love her because she has a lot of shoes? Come on now. I will admit the cemetery in Buenos Aires was nicer than the Pere-Lachaise Cemetery in Paris.

We also spent time at one of the cities famous cafes. Argentina is known for it's cafe culture, so it was just to play local for a while.

No comments: