Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fishing

So, while at Lake Cumberland for the family vacation (incredible time on the houseboat, that lake is amazing) Scott, John and I did a lot of fishing. There are an infinite number of bait combinations and techniques that are used to catch specific types of fish. There are also many different reasons people fish. Some people catch and release, some people put fish on their walls, and some people eat what they catch. What if humans are being fished? (I guess it would actually be called humaned.)

Think about it. People get all different types of diseases. Some people die. Some people live. Some people live only to catch a different disease. What if some superior life form comes to earth to go humaning, just like humans go to bodies of water to go fishing? Imagine these life forms baiting up some disease ("I'm going to try aids to get that gay human" or "I'm going to go with a heart attack for that male human") and then celebrating with their buddies when they catch a human ("I'm having all kinds of luck with this breast cancer bait on the woman fish, you guys should try it. I'm going to send this one back though, I only catch humans for sport.")

Is that morbid? A fish being caught has to be just as tramatically exhausting as a human getting cancer. So why isn't that morbid? Because we think fish aren't as smart as we are? Well I'm sure these superior life forms are smarter than humans. They probably laugh at us.

I swear I am not on drugs.

Song Recommendation - To Go Home by M. Ward

No comments: