Sunday, August 19, 2007

Summers Over

Summers over. It ends tonight. Tomorrow, I go off to be an MBA student again. Luckily, I learned one very important thing this summer. No, it had nothing to do with my internship.

The one important thing I learned is that old woman LOVE Trace Adkins. Let me tell you a story. My sister and I were all excited because Dierks Bentley was going to be at the Kentucky State Fair, and since he played Bonnaroo this year I knew he had talent. Well, it turns out that Dierks was going to be playing after Kellie Pickler but before Trace Adkins. We were like, “Who wants to see Trace Adkins?” and “Why is he headlining?” Well we found out who wanted to see Trace Adkins. The old ladies. Apparently, to the geriatric crowd Mr. Adkins is dripping sex appeal. Most of his songs are about sexing chicks, and they are accompanied by a nearly constant stream of pelvic thrusts. I was impressed. Andrew Miller was not (“If he thrusts one more time, I am going to kick him in the balls”). You have not lived until you have seen a grandma booty dancing to Honky Tonk Ba Donka Donk (Real name to a Trace Adkins song). Entertaining? Yes. Am I fan? No.

Dierks Bentley was highly entertaining, and even had a bluegrass mini-set. I snagged the setlist after the show. Kellie Pickler is kinda dump.

Song Recommendation – Paranoia in B Major by The Avett Brothers

No comments: