Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall Break

Well, the passing of finals means that I am five modules down and have three remaining before I'm finished with school. I can't remember a time where I have been apathetic with school. Hopefully, I can get myself together and finish up like a rockstar. The passing of finals also means that it's time for fall break. Fall break means it's time for Harvest Homecoming. Harvest Homecoming means it's time for belly aches and avoiding people. This year didn't disappoint.

Speaking of HH. Kids are dumb. Today, I saw a girl licking the ketchup off a corn dog. She wasn't eating the corn dog, just licking the ketchup off. I'm sure her parents were upset that they went with the corn dog and not the ketchup popcicle.

Fall Break also means the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Ever since my mom was diagnosed, my family has been steadfast participants. When I say family, I'm talking grandma, aunts, cousins, second cousins, Sara, friends. The whole family. It's always a good time. This year didn't disappoint. Kaliegh wouldn't pee in the port-a-pot so instead chose the little urinal inside the port-a-pot. That must have been hilarious.

Quest Outdoors was also having their annual warehouse sale. It was madness when I was there on Friday morning, as apparently people were waiting outside in the cold. People were scooping up 5 coats at a time to go try on. I was able to snag a winter coat with zipout fleece from The North Face. I went back on Sunday with Sara and found some sweet travel luggage from The North Face. I also found an even sweeter Arc'teryx Naos 55 trekking pack. It was an awesome deal too. I didn't want to buy it, but I couldn't pass it up. Mom and Dad are giving it to me for Christmas.

Song Recommendation - Intervention by Arcade Fire

Speaking of Arcade Fire, when Sara and I went to the Andrew Bird concert in Bloomington the band LeLoup was a pretty good knock-off. I doubt they want to hear being called a knock-off though.

No comments: