Tuesday, January 15, 2008

MMJ would have rocked Woodstock

Well sports fans, the site of Woodstock (well kinda...the actual site of the festival was purchased in 1996, but maybe some cars parked in what you're buying) is now for sale, and you too can own a piece of music history. All you need is $8 million. If that is a bit out of your price range, you can just have 8 million of your friends each pay $1. $8 million that way is the same as $8 million any other way. Mr. Yasgur sure was making a bold claim when he said "this is the largest group of people ever assembled in one place." Now let’s see. An estimated 400,000 (dirty) people attended the festival. I mean, there were over 500,000 in Normandy on D-Day. Battle of Somme, France had over 3,000,000 participants. War sure knows how to assemble large groups of people in one place. Now, if Mr. Yasgur would have said "this is the largest group of people ever to assemble on my farm", I wouldn't have been sure but I would have believed that. To put things into perspective. Birth of Nick Haywood. Probably at least 8 participants.

I've got a lot of free time on my hands these days, so I've been watching a good about of movies. Just finished North by Northwest. That Alfred Hitchcock guy sure can make a fine film. The lead actor is some guy named Cary Grant (I don't think he ever made it big) and he makes quite a team with Hitchcock. Don't be scared that it was made in 1959. You should watch it. It's better than almost any movie that came out recently (how's that for being ambiguous).

Sad day for the Colts. I sure didn't expect the season to end so soon. No use blaming anyone, we just didn't get the job done. Dungy is probably leaving. DMassey and I wore our Colts gear today to support the boys. David said it best (like he always does), "It's easy to be a Colts fan Sunday morning, but the true fans are still around today."

Song Recommendation - One Big Holiday by My Morning Jacket

I still remember this vividly. Sophomore year at Purdue, I was watching Conan and he mentioned that the band was from Louisville, Ky. I thought that that was cool, so I look up just in time to see these weird looking dudes starting playing what turned out to be the most amazing tune ever. A tune that when played with such enthusiasm burns in your soul and can't help but make you happy (you can tell that even Conan was surprised and impressed). So, then I downloaded the rest of the songs off the album off the internet (so sue me....oh wait, the RIAA will) and then the next day I went and bought the album (It Still Moves). That was the night my musical journey began. (Tear)

I really didn't just cry. I'm too manly for that. But since I explained that you probably think I did, but you see, I didn't. Or you don't know what I am talking about since you think the last word I put was what you do when you have 1 thing and you want 2. But that's not what that word was.

No comments: