Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kuwait can't get enough of My Morning Jacket

Anybody want some My Morning Jacket news? Well you're going to get it anyway. It's from a variety of sources. The tidbits from Reuters are actually from an article that was picked up by the Kuwait edition of the Arab Times Online. Apparently, the Kuwaitis are big fans of independent music. (I doubt that last statement is true.)

  • Word on the street is that MMJ's newest record is going to be gospel/Sam Cooke-inspired. How's that for awesome? I don't really know what gospel-inspired means, but I do know that MMJ is going to pull it off quite well. (Rolling Stone issue 1041)
  • MMJ just finished recording its next studio album in New York with frontman Jim James and Joe Chiccarelli (the White Stripes, the Shins) co-producing. The band hopes for a June release, then will tour in the United States, as well as the United Kingdom and Europe. (Reuters)
  • The band will perform at this year's South by Southwest event in Austin for the first time since 2002, and James will do an acoustic show in addition to the full-band set. Other U.S. dates are being booked. (Reuters)

The only part that scares me is that I don't like the White Stripes at all. Hopefully none of that flavor will get introduced on the album.

Also, according to Google Analytics 75% of all visitors that stop by the site stay between 0-10 seconds. Geez, you people can sure read fast. Amazing. Simply amazing. Reading a whole post in less than 10 seconds. Incredible.

Song Recommendation - The Weight by The Band

By the way, how awesome would it be if you were so famous you could just go by the title of your profession. What if instead of Jacob Blair, we called him The Teacher. Or instead of Katie Haywood, it was The Nursing Student. Or instead of George Bush it was The President. What a minute........

2 comments:

Adam said...

Ohhhh. I usually dig your song suggestions, but this one is tops.

The Identity Management Implementer/Network Hacker

Mr. Blair said...

I can get on board with this. Propping that "The" at the front just lends this, I don't know, official air to whatever it is.

Ex.
I am going to the store.
I am going to The Store.

Oh *man* that's official!

So I don't mind at all.
The Teacher.