Saturday, January 05, 2008

Potluck

The Death Cab For Cutie website has announced (with a video) that the band finished up work on a new album set to be released in May 2008. Glad to know the band finished the album, and is now going to sit on it for 5 months. I mean, come on, you're killing me here. I mean we know that it's probably going to rock and that it definitely will have the best lyrics of any album of 2008. Give it to us already.

Speaking of working on an album, My Morning Jacket is working on an album in Upstate New York. Speaking of New York, I saw that some had checked my website from New York, and I was pretty positive it was one of the MMJ guys...alas, they were from NYC...I bet the guys went to a library in NYC to check it, to throw me off their tracks. Anyway, my point. Here's what Jim James had to say about the album in an interview with My Old Kentucky Blog.

"We are currently working on a new record. It will feature songs and probably some album artwork. We are very excited about this concept - which will hopefully change the industry forever."

Wow, MMJ coming strong again. Changing industries. These guys are men of vision (I want to say visionaries, but didn't want to look up the proper spelling. Plural with a Y is always tricky. Of course, all this typing when I could have just looked it up.)

Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts has been practicing and will be back for the Divisional Playoff Game. Harrison has been out since Week 4 (maybe?) with what was said to be a bruised knee. That must have been the worst bruised knee ever absorbed by the human body. It had to have been more than that. 3 months for a bruised knee. No way. I'm speculating that he tore something. He is the guy who broke his wrist a few years ago (2004.....maybe) and was able to get by with telling everyone it was a bruised wrist until after it had healed.

Heard a story on NPR about how Egypt was having a problem with building collapses because shoddy work is being done with poor materials. Seems to me that they should go back to the pyramid shape for the building. Those have been standing tall for the last, oh...about, 4500 years.

I wonder how many people made a New Year’s resolution to lose weight/eat healthier and then went to Steak N Shake or IHOP after a night of partying. Now that’s how you start things off right. I know, I know. You're starting tomorrow. I've got to be honest with my readers. This Google Analytics stuff that I previously wrote about is messing with my head. It is just way too cool. Shout out to the one reader who visited one time from South Korea. Also, shout out to the person who found this site after Google searching Adam Tarr. Big brother is watching.

Anyone notice Barack Obama getting his Martin Luther King on during his speech following the Iowa caucus. Definitely entertaining, but riddle me this. What is he going to say if he actually wins.

Song Recommendation - Girls In Their Summer Clothes by Bruce Springsteen

No comments: