Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bonnaroo Line-Up Announced (Sigh of Relief)

So, the initial Bonnaroo line-up has finally been anounced and I can travel in peace this summer. Why? Because no Led Zeppelin in Manchester. Highlights of the line-up DO include:

My Morning Jacket
Pearl Jam
Metallica
Jack Johnson
Kayne West
Plant & Krauss
The Allman Brothers Band
Death Cab For Cutie
Iron & Wine
Robert Randolph's Revival
The Avett Brothers
The Bluegrass Allstars
The Swell Season (the characters from Once)

My prediction is that MMJ is going to rock it hard on the 2nd stage for a late night show. I don't like Death Cab at outdoor festivals, so not sad about that. Strangely enough I would like to see Metallica. Iron & Wine and The Avett Brothers are favorites. Kayne, PJ, and ABB are take it or leave for me (meaning it would be fun, but I'm not going to be sad about it). The Bluegrass Allstars line-up looks pretty strong (Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Bela Fleck, etc.) and I'm sure Krauss will sit in if they are preforming the same day as her and Plant. Overall, I'm sure it will be fun for those who go, but I'm not going to be missing much by skipping it.

Song Recommendation - Nothing by I'm In Class

Don't try to Google that song. It doesn't actually exist.

1 comment:

Nick Haywood said...

After thinking about it, something has me troubled. I don't really see Jack Johnson or Kayne West as a headliner. SO, maybe they just put out this line-up to make sure that real Bonnaroo-ers get tickets. THEN, they announce that Led Zeppelin will be performing. Then the tickets will sell out.

Or maybe, since Jack Johnson preformed on the smaller stage when he was a smaller artist he thinks he deserves to headline. I like Jack Johnson and all, but he ain't no headliner.

Plus, Lez Zeppelin (all-female tribute band) is perfoming.