Tuesday, February 05, 2008

All Over The Place

So, I just finished the season of CSI I had been watching (the Miniature Killer was a woman!!!) and I noticed that they listen to Sinatra a lot on that show. The thing is, I've recently been to Las Vegas and didn't hear Sinatra once. I'm beginning to think the producers of CSI are full of it. All these lies. I bet no one even dies in Vegas.

The Barbaro leg is going fine. No laminitis or anything like that to cause me to be euthanized or anything like that. One issue I’m having is that I no easy way to get to and from class. It’s a pretty far hobble from school to home. I could drive my car to the parking garage. The problem with that is that I can only hide my car on the 7th floor of the parking garage and the elevator is broken. It takes forever to walk up and down a flight of stairs when you have to go one at a time (the problem with the cast is that I can’t bend my leg so that I have a normal gait….I kinda walk like Woody from the Toy Story with my led swinging out sideways….on narrow stairs I can’t swing my leg up so I have to go right foot up, left foot up on same stair, right foot up on next stair, forever). The only other issue is the shower issue. Leg hair is designed really well for draining water off the body. Because of this it also drains water into casts under rubber bands holding plastic bags. Learned from that first shower. So, now I have two trash bags on my leg with a wash cloth around the top of the cast. Let’s just say that I don’t take showers until when needed.

I went and saw There Will Be Blood last night, and there is no doubt in my mind that Daniel Day-Lewis will win the award for Best Actor. The only other nominee I’ve seen is that category is George Clooney as Michael Clayton but there is no doubt. No doubt. His character is out of control. Almost as creepy as Javiar Bardem (Best Supporting Actor) in No Country For Old Men, and he isn’t even an assassin….he’s an oil man.

I also recently saw Cloverfield. It’s a mix between Godzilla and The Blair Witch Project. In other words, it is first person view of running from Godzilla. Sara and I both thought it was a cool perspective. Apparently, they’re making a sequel. I don’t know how that is going to work.

One thing that has been getting on my nerves lately is when you see an alcohol-related article and they mention that the legal limit to drive a car is .08. Cool. Thanks for the info, but I don’t see how a person who is found dead in an alley from alcohol poisoning has anything to do with the legal limit for driving. Obviously, they were above the legal limit for living. Obviously they weren’t driving. They were walking in an alley. I know that it is done to provide perspective. It might better to say that the dead body had a BAC of .37 and that can result in loss of blatter function, difficulty breathing, and heart failure. That’s better than saying the dead body found a BAC of .37 is more than 4.5 times the legal limit to drive.

Did you know they have Who Wants To Be a Millionaire in Ireland? I wanna be on that version. They pay in Euros. Gotta love that exchange rate. Oh, speaking of exchange rate quit complaining. It’s all cyclical. This is America. These colors don’t run. The exchange rates today are equal to what they were before the tech bubble. It happens. Let’s just hope were the leaders in the biotech bubble. Oh, and quit talking about recessions. That’s a self-fulfilling prophesy. The more you talk about it, the more likely it is to happen. If everyone talk about a recession, businesses are less likely to hire workers or make investments in plant/equipment because they expect future demand to be low. Then when people here on the news that unemployment is high, they have further proof that a recession is coming. If everyone would just stop, it would all pass. The news would think of some other “tragic” topic to talk about.

All you Indy people need to go to the Tom Petty concert when he comes to Verizon on July 3rd. He put on a pretty good show at Bonnaroo a couple of years ago.

Song Recommendation - Saving Grace by Tom Petty

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your a dork, go to walmart...