Thursday, February 14, 2008

EXCITING NEWS!!!!

Well, I have some exciting news. Since, I was working in Louisville this weekend and wasn't going be able to see Sara on Valentine's Day I stopped by Btown on Wednesday to celebrate the worst holiday this side of President's Day. Well, Sara cooked this fabulous meal (I'm talking pretty close to GourMan...4 courses) and afterward I knew I couldn't wait any longer. With Sara sitting on the couch and the lights dimmed, I got down on one knee, reached into my bag, pulled out the...DVD and put it into the player. Seriously, you seriously believed that? Come on. Whenever and I do decide to propose it definitely will not be on a holiday. Especially a holiday as cheesy at Valentine's Day. It will be something good like Christmas or the lucky girl/boy's birthday. That way I'm only buy ONE present instead of two. See how I do that. You can say whatever you want about ol' Nick Haywood, but you can't deny that he's a thinker.

But yea, we watched The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford. If you didn't know, movies about murderers and robbers make GREAT Valentine's Day movies. Casey Afflek (yes, Ben's brother) was pretty impressive in his role as Robert Ford. Probably deserving of his Best Supporting Actor nomination. In my opinion, that category is the hardest to pick a winner from. All five of those guys had great roles. But we'll talk about that at a later date. I still have a couple more movies to watch before I can give my predictions.

Take a minute to imagine a dead frog. The frog's lying flat on it's bell with it's legs out behind it, kind of bent out wide.....Ok, got it. Now, take a minute to think about how you sleep.............Ok, got it. I sleep on my stomach. And since I don't like to suffocate with my face down in the pillow I turn my head to the side. The issue is that to turn your head to side you have to also turn your hip. Nick, that's not an issue! You're right. Normally it wouldn't be an issue. Except that when you turn your hip you also turn your ankle, and the way you want to turn your ankle is the way that is restricted when your wearing a cast. That leaves to way to sleep. With your foot dangling off the bed, or like a dead frog. I choose dead frog. My boss also suggested I tell me that I hurt my ankle because a party I was at got busted, I ran from the cops, jumped over a fence, my belt got caught (?????), I was hanging from the fence (Is this possible??), and eventually fell off and broke my foot. Basically, my boss wants me to be irresponsible. Everyone knows that if I was at a party that got busted, I'm shooting the cop and calmly walking away.

Boy, do I have a song recommendation for today. It's not my normal genre (you know, sad, depressing, semi-country stuff) but I have to give Kayne West credit for his performance at Grammy's. I did not know this, but he sampled a Daft Punk song with his hit Stronger. So, he invited Daft Punk (and their pyramid) to perform with him. Daft Punk is huge in Europe and was a headliner at Bonnaroo last year, yet are adverse to being in the spotlight (Search for a picture of them on internet without their helmets). They're hard to find. The Grammy's were their television debut. 15 years of hot beats and they've never been on TV. Plus, I want me some of those sunglasses. If you don't wanna watch the Kayne part just go to the 2:40 mark.

Song Recommendation - Stronger by Kayne West

Based on that video, I bet those who made the mistake (I guess that's a point of view word) before Daft Punk's set at Bonnaroo were freaking out the entire time.

4 comments:

Katie said...

First of all i really hope you wouldn't propose to a boy... that is kinda freaking me out!

Second of all, did you actually like that movie? Britney rented it and we were all excited, but found it so boring that we turned it off about 30 minutes into it, we just couldn't get into it!

Clarissa said...

good grief, nick, you did not know that kanye sampled a daft punk song? that is really old news. second, daft punk is not hard to find, they are getting huge around here. third, i have a lot of their stuff and it is awesome, i can't believe you've never listened to it while you were getting trashed at that party the cops busted up where you broke your leg.

Nick Haywood said...

Good grief, clarissa, did you not know that wasn't the point of the post. They headlined Bonnaroo. Of course they're huge. The point was that they are freaks (in a good way), having been together for 15 years, never have been on TV (I mean you being playing ultimate for 3 years and already being in the paper)and that they where helmets in all their pictures. THAT was the point.

Also, even though I compound fractured my leg the cop still didn't catch me. I could tell he ran track in college, too. Probably the 400.

Clarissa said...

i will have been playing ulty for 2 years in April. I was in the paper after playing for approximately 1 year and 3 months. So, boo ya (sp?). Don't worry, I blaim it all on my ridiculously good looks, not on my ultimate skill. Oh yeah, and Hobart Yeager for recommending me to the journalist.