Friday, August 29, 2008

I Don't Think Communism Works....

Well, I've been digesting the Olympics by doing some very strenuous analysis surrounding the US vs. China medal count. Now, the US had more medals (110 to 100) but China had more Golds (51-36). How did China get more golds than the US? Well, they got good in all the sports that the US isn't good at. In fact, I think that the International Olympic Committee should eliminate all sports that the US isn't good at. Definitely no medals for any paddle sports. Definitely no medals for diving. Definitely no hand eye coordination events. Definitely more swimming (add a 125m, 150m,175m distance races to the already standard 100m and 200m). Definitely more medals for basketball (maybe a medal for each game is appropriate). Definitely more medals in Mixed Team Show Jumping (that's equestrian for those keeping count at home) because we apparently won that.

Another insight that I discovered during my analysis was that America dominated China in team sports. 25 medals for the US and 13 medals (including a very suspect Group Rhythmic gymnastics medal....I think you have to be forced to do that by your Communist government). Now, shouldn't the Communists with their classless, stateless society be better at team sports. I think so. Fortunately the American's showed them that free markets and democracy always wins.

Why does our men's gymnastics team remind me of a high school football team?

No comments: