Monday, January 21, 2008

Now begins the hard journey to spring with only a brief stop at a dry creek called March Madness.

Or so sayth David Massey when speaking about the end of the football season. But Nick, doesn't DMassey understand that the Super Bowl still have to be played? Well, yes he does understand. But like myself, he understands that a Patriots-Boston Super Bowl is going to be an ESPN/East Coast media love fest. I don't even know who I would root for. I guess I'll root for Giants begin that I hate Bruski and Harrison from the Pats, and it would be hilarious if the "Perfect Season" ended in defeat (How can it be called a perfect season if the season isn't over yet? Perfect Regular Season....yes. Perfect Season....not yet.) Then there we would be mucho debate if the Pats were still the greatest team ever. Oh the people at ESPN Radio would have a field day**.

If you don't know yet, and you should. Consider that it has been on the MMJ webpage for like a whole week. MMJ will be playing a show June 20th at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. That's one that probably shouldn't be missed. Speaking of shows that shouldn't be missed. I was at what is considered the greatest MMJ show of alltime at Bonnaroo '06. Only Sara was so tired from a day full of music (ending in Tom Petty) that we left after about an hour. I still want to punch myself in the face everytime I think about it. I should have rationed my day better. Whoa is me. Paste Mag also has some good MMJ tidbits.

I recently watched an episode of Celebrity Rehab and I've got to say that I am super impressed with Dr. Drew. He seems like a stand-up guy, and the guy I want to get me of my drug addiction. You know, once I get a drug addiction. He is way more talented than one would think from his work on Loveline.

Song Recommendation - I'm Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys

Nope, not the normal selection but man is it good. Truth be told, it makes me want to fight someone (which probably wouldn't be much of a fight with a shoulder in rehab and a foot that's going in a cast when I get back from Vegas).

I asked Bostonian Jess O'Leary (as indicated by her Irish name and her cop father) if Dropkick Murphys or Flogging Molly was the better Irish punk band from Boston. She seemed to think Dropkick Murphys was, but that was a matter of personnel preference I think. I do wonder why Dropkick Murphys have a bagpipe in the mix consider that it is a Scottish instrument. Oh wait, I just checked and the bagpipe is actually an instrument of Irish origins. Weird.

Seriously, The Onion is hilarious. Girls, don't cry yourself to sleep over it. It's just a joke.

**In fact, after writing the paragraph I was watching PTI on ESPN and Wilbon/Kornheisiweirtgjr were already debating who the best team would be ('72 Dolphins, '86 Bears, '07/'08 Patriots) if the Patriots lost. PTI. Best sports related show ever? False. The original American Gladiators. True. PTI. Best sports talk show ever. The best.....easily.

1 comment:

Mr. Blair said...

I almost cried reading that onion article. I promptly sent it to about 5 people to spread the love.